Did you actually know, that Z_GIS established eight research areas represent the points of intersection between the core methodological and domain competencies?
They cover human and natural environments. While research is being conducted in each of these areas, gaps as well as overlaps exist. All research areas are highly relevant for society. Within all research areas, both basic and applied research is carried out. Next to methodological developments and scientific achievements Z_GIS wants to contribute to a deeper understanding of the physical environment and the human society – and in particular the human-environment nexus.
- RA (1) Object-based image analysis (OBIA)
- RA (2) Integrated spatial indicators (ISI)
- RA (3) Multidimensional modelling & simulation across scales
- RA (4) Landscape Lab
- RA (5) GIScience Lab
- RA (6) Mobility and Transportation
- RA (7) Geographic Information Infrastructure
- RA (8) Geomedia Pedagogy
Find detailed information to all eight research areas on our website.