Creating the GISociety
July 2 -5, 2013 | Salzburg, Austria
The international GI_Forum attracts an interdisciplinary audience interested in discussing progress and new ideas in GIScience. The GI_Forum communicates innovative research and learning in Geographic Information Science with focus on hardware, software, orgware and brainware for the GISociety, and their inter-relationships.
Topics within the special focus include, but are not limited to:
- Spatial Data Infrastructures
- GIScience & Target Group Specific Design
- Mobility and Safety
- Monitoring and Modelling of Global Change
- Spatial Information & Society
- Critical GIS / Cartography
- Education for Spatial Citizenship
- Spatial Thinking in Education
- Outreach Initiatives
We invite researchers from these fields to interact closely and benefit from each other. This year our keynote speakers Sarah Elwood, Josef Strobl, Geoff Zeiss and Francis Harvey support the general topic. We will accept online submissions only, starting from December, 1st 2012 until February 1st, 2013. For further information please visit www.gi-forum.org.